Notes Are Shattered

Holy crap, there's music here!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

mewithoutYou - I Never Said That I Was Brave (Full Album)

This is mewithoutYou's first official release. It's currently out of print, and hard to find even on p2p networks, which is why I'm uploading the whole thing. If you're a fan of [A-->B]Life, you should probably download this. If you didn't particularly care for that album, my guess is you'll like this one even less. It's basically a more raw-sounding [A-->B]Life. The whole thing sounds less-produced than their full length, and Aaron's vocals (or screaming, rather, since there's not much singing on this one) are a little less developed than they are on their other two albums; however, they are easier to hear, which is a plus since I felt they were pushed too far back in the mix on [A-->B] and Catch For Us the Foxes. There's nothing drastically different between the versions of "I Never Said That I Was Brave" and "We Know Who Our Enemies Are" on here and the ones on [A-->B], but if you're anything like me, it's interesting to see how the songs evolved. "Flamethrower" is quite good, as is "Dying is Strange", especially if you're into mewithoutYou's more hardcore moments. "Four Word Letter" is indeed the sister songs to "Four Word Letter (Part 2)" on Foxes, and the two are probably best appreciated if listened back-to-back. I recently discovered that Aaron and his brother were in a band together before mwY called The Operation. I managed to find their out of print full-length on Amazon, so that should be arriving within the next few days. If it's any good (and really, why wouldn't it be), I'll order their EP and upload both of them. Till then, enjoy this!


(Click image to download)

1. I Never Said That I Was Brave
2. Flamethrower
3. Dying Is Strange And Hard
4. We Know Who Our Enemies Are
5. Four Word Letter

PS - This is what the alphabet would look like if you took out the letters "Q" and "R". Also, I'm a contributor over at MuchMusic.net now, so I may occasionally post things there that might not end up here.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home