Notes Are Shattered

Holy crap, there's music here!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

End of the Year Extravaganza: Top 30 Albums! (Part 2)

As usual, it took me way longer to make this post than I planned. I kept meaning to do it, and then never felt like writing about music, because sometimes writing about music is hard. I've recently found myself agreeing with Frank Zappa or Elvis Costello or David Byrne or Frank Lloyd Right or Thelonious Monk or whoever said the following: "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - it's a really stupid thing to want to do." So, I won't be providing descriptions. It's up to you to find info about these albums yourself - or, you could just trust me that they are indeed fantastic albums and download them in good faith.


15: Ween
La Cucaracha


14: Suishou no Fune
The Shining Star - Live


13: El Ten Eleven
Every Direction is North


12: Witchcraft
The Alchemist


11: Stars of the Lid
and Their Refinement of the Decline
Disc 1
Disc 2


10: Burial
Untrue


9: The Snake The Cross The Crown
Cotton Teeth


8: The Weakerthans
Reunion Tour


7: Explosions in the Sky
All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
Disc 1
Disc 2


6: Saul Williams
The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust
(they apparently got rid of the option to download it for free, but $5 is still more than worth it, especially for the FLAC version - I won't be uploading this one, but trust me, it is a mindblowing album)


5: Sage Francis
Human the Death Dance


4: Panda Bear
Person Pitch


3: Buckethead
Pepper's Ghost


2: Black Moth Super Rainbow
Dandelion Gum


1: Okkervil River
The Stage Names
Disc 1 (Full album, plus both bonus, internet-only tracks)
Disc 2 (Bonus disc with acoustic demos of every song)

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home