Notes Are Shattered

Holy crap, there's music here!

Sunday, June 03, 2007

White Lightning Mixtape + News

First things first: I was playing around with my statcounter today and found two music blogs that linked to me without asking for me to link back. I really appreciate the support, so I'm going to plug those blogs in this post. To the people who made soundweave and Music for the Rest of Us, my hat is off. If anyone finds out how to download the music from Music for the Rest of Us, let me know. For the life of me, I can't figure it out.

My friend from California (Christopher, the guy who almost got a music blog of his own going) was up here in Minnesota for the last nine days, and we talked about combining forces to make this blog even cooler. We may switch to Rapidshare. Leave your thoughts on that in the comments. I value your opinion.

Sorry about the lack of updates. I spent the week and a half before Christopher came out downloading a 44 GB Loveline torrent because the Loveline Archive is no longer around.

Finally, music. This is one mix in a series of mixes Christopher and I made for each other. We each chose two themes for a mix, and then went in whatever direction the theme took us. This was one of my themes. I'd been wanting to make a mix of super fuzzy, lo-fi, stoner/sludge/doom rock (but nothing too heavy - that is for another mix) and figured that the best way to get it done would be to make it for someone else. Titling the mix after a street name for LSD sounded like a good idea.

White Lightning:
1. Feel Good Hit of the Summer - Queens of the Stone Age
2. Earth - Colour Haze
3. Afterburner - Boris
4. Poppy Man - John Frusciante
5. Stop, I'm Already Dead - Deadboy and the Elephantmen
6. Woman (EP Version) - Wolfmother
7. Holland, 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel
8. Summertime Blues - Blue Cheer
9. Seer - Witch
10. Subcutaneous Phat - Desert Sessions
11. Paranoid - Black Sabbath
12. Young Men Dead - The Black Angels
13. Doomsower - Reverend Bizarre
14. Evil Machinery On the Rise - Toner Low
15. My Tortured Soul f. Eric Wagner - Probot

Click to download.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At Sunday, June 03, 2007 8:41:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you and christopher make mixes for each other? do you give each other hand jobs too?

    just kidding. but seriously, if you switch to rapidshare, i'll beat the living piss out of you.

     
  • At Sunday, June 03, 2007 9:50:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What happened to your RSS feed? It's in reverse chronological order!

     
  • At Sunday, June 03, 2007 10:12:00 PM , Blogger Ben said...

    I was going to say I have no idea... but I bet I do. It's probably because I went back through all my previous posts and added labels to them. Sorry if it confuses anyone.

     
  • At Monday, June 04, 2007 1:46:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    rapishare NOOOOOOOOOOOO. if you're going to switch to anything, make it Mediafire. fast speeds, unlimited downloads, unlimited simultaneous downloads, etc. rapidshare is horrible.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home