Notes Are Shattered

Holy crap, there's music here!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

To whoever feels it's necessary to report all our uploads...

please stop. What do you get out of this? I understand the Coheed, and even the Saves the Day. But the comedy? It's hard to even find decent comedy in stores, and comedians make more money off ticket sales than anything anyway. If anything, by putting those albums up, I'm encouraging people to go to the shows because they know they'll be getting quality stand up instead of hackey, ripped-off bullshit like Dane Cook. And how about the bands that encourage their material to be shared? I doubt you're doing this because you are against file-sharing, and instead are just a massive dick who gets off on ruining people's fun, but on the off chance that you are doing this for some moral reason, did you consider that some bands/comedians might want their music shared? I know for a fact that Doug Stanhope (and the Unbookables) wants his albums shared online. Manchester Orchestra wants their out of print stuff shared, and I'll make a point of asking Andy when I see them next month if he's cool with Virgin being shared. Evanescence has explicitly stated that they want all their pre-Fallen stuff downloaded so that fans don't pay ridiculous amounts on ebay. So come one, man. Lay off, and let people enjoy the stuff Christopher and I work to upload.

7 Comments:

  • At Friday, October 19, 2007 1:25:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Seconded. I've seen a few blogs lately where extremely hateful (and clueless) people have stated that they have reported the blog and hope that the owner will be hanged, tortured and worse. I agree that this is most likely the work of insane a$$holes. Keep up the good work: your comedy uploads have given me quite a few laughs that I wouldn't have had otherwise:)

     
  • At Friday, October 19, 2007 2:28:00 AM , Blogger id_ said...

    Rumor has it mediafire is deleting anything they find against TOS, so beware of that. Second, jealousy is the greatest form of flattery, so.. on the pluside, your doing a good enough job to make somoen report ya!
    www.rarmy.net, we borrowed your comedy links.

    nice blog, btw

     
  • At Friday, October 19, 2007 2:51:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i honestly feel like some people have nothing better to do than be major dickheads online.
    i appreciate this blog a lot, so keep doing what you're doing.
    there's nothing wrong with promoting bands/comedians.
    and i know i personally go out and buy records even after i've heard them
    and i'm not the only one
    so this isn't going to hurt anyone's album sales at all.

     
  • At Friday, October 19, 2007 12:32:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Waitaminnit, I thought mimicry was the greatest form of flattery? Or was that just the sincerest form...

     
  • At Friday, October 19, 2007 5:59:00 PM , Blogger id_ said...

    Wait, right.. its immitation.. Uhh.. jealousy kinda works?

     
  • At Saturday, October 20, 2007 11:40:00 AM , Blogger loco8 said...

    you're awesome, and your blog rocks. don't let the bastards get you down.

     
  • At Monday, May 18, 2009 9:45:00 AM , Blogger Anonymous said...

    Hello. I'm the guy for whom Stanhope and The Unbookables put out the "Morbid Obscenity" CD. The proceeds are meant to go to my surgery fund; that's what Doug, Sean, Andy, Lynn and the record company wanted to do. It's not like I asked them to do it; it was their idea and I'm very thankful for it, even though it's hard to admit that I'm a charity case.

    Doug tells people it's OK to pirate HIS stuff, but with the Unbookables CD, we only made 1,500 copies and I suggested that I would put the whole thing on a web site for free, complete with cover art ... but not until all AFTER the original copies sell out.

    I still have several hundred unsold copies available, and sales have been slow enough that I've cut the price in half. So if you could just hold on, or better yet buy one at morbidobscenity.com, I would appreciate it. I still have lots of bills that I'm trying to pay down.

    Thanks

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home