Notes Are Shattered

Holy crap, there's music here!

Monday, September 24, 2007

News + Plug

Sorry for the severe lack of updates recently. I've been downloading a couple things (an ISO of Dark Side of the Rainbow so I can burn a correctly set-up copy to DVD and the complete Bob Dylan discography), and my internet has been really slow for some reason over the last couple weeks, so those things are taking forever to get (close to 9 GB combined, at ~15 kb/s download for each). I've had a couple requests, which are as follows:
-mewithoutYou discography
-some Omar Rodriguez-Lopez stuff
-re-up of Henry Rollins' "Talk is Cheap, Vol. 1"

I will for sure get the mwY and Rollins stuff up before Thursday. As for the Rodriguez-Lopez stuff... I don't know what the requester wanted. I'm not really into The Mars Volta, though I do have most of their releases, I think (Tremulant EP, De-Loused in the Comatorium, Frances the Mute, Frances the Mute Single, Scabdates, Amputechture, in various different bitrates, mostly 128). I also have all four releases by the dub group he played bass for, De Facto, who I like a lot more than TMV. I don't have any of his solo recordings or anything by At the Drive In, so... yeah. If the person who requested his stuff can make a comment on here telling me what I should upload, I'll see what I can do.

Other than that, I've got a couple mixtapes I've been meaning to upload, and I'm close to being done with a new autumn mixtape (I have to test out a few more tracks, get a final sequence, and then crossfade stuff), so I'll probably upload some of those really soon. There's another Super Comedy Sunday coming very soon, too, since I know that's why a lot of people come here. I will take any suggestions for that - comics you'd like to see more or less of, specific albums, whether or not you would be interested in bootlegs, etc. Whenever I make my next upload, I'll also put up a list of all the comedy I have but haven't uploaded yet, and from then on, requests from you will mostly determine what gets put on here.

Finally, while you're waiting, you should give Doomed to be Stoned in a Sludge Swamp a look. As you probably guessed, it's a blog full of mostly doomy, sludgy, fuzzy, stoner rock/metal run by a guy (X-Angel) and his cat (Cheeto). I love it, and you should too.

...and to the person who said zip files wouldn't play on his/her iTunes or iPod... um... you have to open the zip file with a decompressing program (Windows even has one built in, but I would suggest using WinRAR or Winzip - if you have a Mac, try StuffIt), then copy the files to your hard drive before you can put them into iTunes.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home