Notes Are Shattered

Holy crap, there's music here!

Friday, October 19, 2007

An update

For some reason I feel obligated to post an update on what's going on with this blog, even though I have a feeling most people don't read the stuff I post because it's long and boring, and just come for the music and comedy. Regardless, here's the deal. I am going to work this weekend to figure out everything that has been taken down. I'll re-up everything (except the new Coheed album - some Googling reveals that those have been getting reported pretty regularly), and password protect the RAR files. If that doesn't work, there's one other thing I might try, similar to what RegnYouth does. If that still doesn't work, I think I'll just make this a mailing list, because at least that way we can monitor who is downloading stuff, and hopefully keep anyone who would report files away. If you can't tell, I'm really committed to this thing, and I'm not quite sure why. I guess I just love discovering new music, or finding that one album by a band I like that I've been looking for for a while. There are few things that make me happier than music, and if I can do anything to spread that joy, I'd like to do it. So... there you go. Thanks for your support and patience.

6 Comments:

  • At Friday, October 19, 2007 6:59:00 PM , Blogger hewhocutsdown said...

    as a fellow 'pirate' who regularly purchases his weight in optical discs, I share your feelings. let me know if you decide to move off the blog format, and also if you've got a lossless (FLAC) copy of that mewithoutYou ep ...I've bought their first two albums twice, so the karma police can rest easy. ;)

    btw, they're killer live. I highly recommend.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 23, 2007 8:37:00 PM , Blogger id_ said...

    If you password files, prepare for countless people asking 'whats the password' even if you make it real obvious. You'll also have people complain if you go the regnyouth route... Basically, people will complain no matter what. Fuck 'em. I'd suggest changing file hosts, either one of those mass-mirror sites or good old rapidshare. hasn't failed me in 3 years.
    if you want more spread you can post on over to www.rarmy.net or i can send people over to help contribute here.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:22:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The Regnyouth files still get reported a lot. The easiest way is making password protected files. Even though people will constantly ask what the password is it is a lot less work than the regnyouth method. I'd suggest sticking to mediafire because it is fast and doesn't make you wait four hours in between downloads.

     
  • At Friday, October 26, 2007 2:51:00 PM , Blogger mohosavich said...

    but at the same time password protecting is kinda gay on .rar files

     
  • At Saturday, October 27, 2007 9:38:00 PM , Blogger Cameron said...

    Hewhocutsdown, I agree completely with your post. I would love to see the mwY EP. (Or at least partial of it.) I just bought tickets to their show with Brand New and Thrice, I'm only really going to see mwY though. I saw them on tour with ManchesterO ,thanks for uploading them by the way. Keep up the good work, i've been with you since the beginning and will continue to stick around no matter if there is a password of not.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:50:00 AM , Blogger Tbagg said...

    Keep up the great work, people appreciate it.

    People who "report" files are normally douche-bags that download the file themselves & then report it after the fact so others can't. You can also make this a Private Blog, which is the route many are going. Then you have a better idea about who has access. If you go that route just make sure you give people time to contact you about getting access before you switch.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home